This Video series shows how to Repurpose an Old Water heater into a Foundry Furnace.This is a great way for the do-it-yourselfer to build a foundry furnace that will last a long time, heat up quickly, be fuel efficient, easy to build, and not break the bank!.The materials needed for this build are Old Water heater,Non-firing refractory,100HT ceramic coating,Ceramic blanket.
- How to build an awesome Drill Powered Winch .Lift a Car or other Heavy loads effortlessly using a simple Cordless DrillThis video shows how a simple Cordless Drill can effortlessly lift or move heavy loads. Definitely beats a Come Along.The winch in the video was purchased from Harbor Freight.With a snatch block this will lift 4000lbs which will pull a 20,000lb vehicle up a 10% grade.A snatch block is a really neat thing. By taking the cable out of the winch and through the pulley of the snatch block, then back to the winch it doubles the pull capacity. It also halves the speed of the item being pulled/lifted but it is a worthwhile trade off. You can keep adding pulleys and running back and forth to reduce the strain on the winch.You will see that a cordless drill lifting a car off the ground is pretty damn impressive
- DIY Video :How to build your own Homemade Lumber Mill from scratch . Step by step video Instructions[the_ad id="6432"] This video series shows the step by step build of a simple Homemade Lumber mill. One of the best things about this design is it’s simplicity of course, but it’s also made from salvaged and re-purposed materials.With your own mill, you can cut local softwoods to frame buildings and you can saw up local hardwood logs for mantles, doors, paneling and other house trim, or to make into furniture.You have to at first make boards, taking the parts from trees. You may do it by using your chainsaw.You can make almost all types of board, by fitting the big devices to the bar of chainsaw.You need to use a pipe, some bolts and steel in order to construct a lumber maker. For making the mill, weld together a rectangular shaped short sized chainsaw bar.
- DIY Video: Get unlimited hot water for free without electricity by building a Thermo Siphoning Rocket Mass Off grid Hot Water HeaterThe device is known as a rocket mass hot water heater and they can be made very cheap as you can see in the video. The only cost was about 50$ worth of copper pipe. The sand and clay mixture was about 50% clay/mud and 50 sand, for most of the build. Some people also call these things rocket stoves. One thing's for sure, this primitive technology is a cheap and effective way to get off grid hot water for free. The ancient knowledge we are taking advantage of in this case is something called thermo siphoning. Some know a similar design known as a cob oven.
This video shows the generation of Unlimited hot water 100% Off the Grid without electricity by converting an old propane tank to burn underwater as an immersion heater for a lot of hot water.Here,I use a homemade underwater wood stove to make a lot of hot water in a relatively short time.I also make use of the waste heat to cook breakfast.Almost 75-80 gallons of hot water in 1 hour with wood.Really a great way to heat a lot of water.
- How to build a Homemade Hybrid Waste Oil and Wood Garage HeaterThis Video shows the setup of a Wood and Waste Oil Combo Gargage heater .With prices of everything going up, families need to figure out ways to save money however they can. In many ways, saving money involves cutting back on waste and using things that would normally just be thrown away for a more effective purpose.Waste oil comes from many different sources such as cooking oil, used vegetable oil, or motor oil. This can help to raise the heat produced by a cord of wood and extend the life of the wood as the waste oil is burned alongside it.
- DIY Video:How to build a Super Efficient Rocket Mass Heater from reclaimed and repurposed items and save up to 80% on your heating billsThis video series shows the build of a one of kind Rocket Mass heater.This heater uses aerate concrete and keep the 'mass' of the rocket mass heater light. This heater goes together like an erector set, and comes apart just as easily. It's custom exhaust can be rotated 180 degrees in any direction, and can be routed through a mass bench as well as its custom mini mass. This heater can save you up to 80% on your heating bills.This heater is beautiful and built completely from reclaimed and repurposed items. The advantage of this type of rocket mass heater is the huge increase in the efficiency of capturing and storing the available heat.
- DIY Video : How to build a Simple Woodgas generator for small electric RV generatorThis video shows the build of a Simple Woodgas generator for small electric RV generator.A wood gas generator is able to convert wood, or in our case, wood pellets, into a source of fuel which can be used to generate electricity.The wood or charcoal is turned into wood gas, which will be used for powering our generator. In this tutorial, we are creating a wood gas generator that can be used to power and RV motor.From start to finish, we were able to put together this generator in only four hours. In total, we used less than $100 in parts. It’s a great way to build your own wood gas generator while staying on a tight budget.If done correctly, you should be able to run your generator by burning wood pellets alone. It’s enough to power a small 5 hp electric generator, or even more. .The materials you need for this project are 20 Gallon Metal Trash can - This will be used to contain the wine cooler and wood chips as they burn,Wine Cooler - This will encase the wood chips as they are burning,Metal Bowl - You will place the wood chips in this bowl and collect the coals as they burn.Filter - This will filter the tar out as it makes its way to the generator,Wood Pellets - Our fuel source.Aluminum Duct Line - This will connect to the gas generator to the wood pellet burning stove.Air Inlet Port - A valve that we can use to let air in as the wood gas travels to the generator.
This video shows the build of a Homemade DIY Atmospheric Water Generator!.ThisUnit pulls Pure ‘distilled water’ straight out of the air. This simple design pumps near freezing water thru a long section of copper coil. Coil becomes very cold and dew (condensate) forms on the coil. The dew is then caught by a drip-pan located beneath the coil.This unit has the added benefit of dehumidifying the air.I used only aluminum and copper in this version. main thing with these is to keep the coils clean. if coils are cleaned after each use, the water generated is ‘distilled water.
- DIY Video : How to Dig a Shallow Well from Scratch.Step by step Video InstructionsThis video shows How to dig a shallow well on your property from dowsing to digging to capping. This shallow well will provide water for our bees and supporting plants. This dig uses a modified hand auger and took about 4 hours to complete (17 feet with nearly 4 feet of water).Learning how to dig a well is a good lesson that every prepper should master.Even if it doesn’t come to a survival scenario, having your own water supply means that you’re basically off the grid. You’re not dependent upon third parties.
- DIY Video : How to Generate FREE POWER by building a Homemade Waterwheel Microhydro System from Start to FinishThis Video Series shows step by step on How you can provide enough electricity for one house by building a Micro Hydro water wheel electric generator .Not only you will no longer dependent on the power grid, but you’ll have electricity when SHTF and more important: absolutely FREE.Unlike solar panels, a water wheel electric generator can produce electricity 24/7.Simply,the flowing, dropping water is spinning a wheel .The wheel shaft it’s connected to a simple coil generator that produces electricity. If you don’t need electricity you may adapt the water wheel to grind grain, to cut wood, strengthen iron or to sharpen tools. Anyway you choose to use it, a water wheel is an important installation when living off the grid or when SHTF.
- DIY Video:How to recycle scrap metal in the backyard by building a simple Mini Metal Foundry from start to finishThis video shows you how to recycle scrap metal in the backyard, with a homemade, Mini Metal Foundry.Depending on where you get, or find, your materials the cost can range anywhere from $5-$25 per unit. With the materials I used, I was able to make 2 units for under $40 ($20 each).Even on the high end, this is probably one of the cheapest, reliable, backyard foundries that can be made.I used mine to melt soda cans, and extract the aluminum for future metal casting projects. All the soda cans came from a local recycling depot.
This video series shows you how to make a geothermal cooling system to cool your home with the Earths natural cool temperature.10–15 feet underground, the temperature remains between 55 and 60 degrees Fahrenheit. This is true regardless of the weather above ground.The geothermal unit siphons heat from inside and vents it into the water or refrigerant in the loop. The cool temperature underground then lowers the temperature of the liquid back to 55 degrees.This cooler temperature can be used to cool your home efficiently .This build uses an old car radiator to circulate the air using a Solar Panel.
- How to build your own 24 X 24 Garage and save money. Step by Step Build InstructionsThis video shows Step by step pictures of me building a 24X24 garage.The first video shows steps involving how to pour footings, walls, floors and framing,Installing trusses, etc and the second video go over construction ideas, tips, as well as the entire area of buying materials, building permits, and the paperwork required for building a 24'x24' garage.Adding a garage to your property can give you a lot of additional storage, it will give you covered parking spaces to store your car, and it can add to your property value.
- DIY Video:How to build a Homemade Double Barrel Garage Heater out of Old Water Tanks .Efficient,clean burn and cheap!Having some extra heat in your work place is great, specially if you have some left over wood to burn.These videos shows the build of a Homemade Double Barrel Heater for your garage.He we use two Old Electric Water Heater tanks.The tank on the top acts as secondary Heat exchanger unit.The basic components required for this build are Two barrels,Legs or supports,Jigsaw,Driller,Pipe screws.This is really an affordable alternative for economical heat in your shop during the winter time.Great way to repurpose Old Water tanks sitting out there and make a really useful Barrel Heater out of it
- DIY Video : How to build a Homemade Atmospheric Water Generator . Produces/Extracts Distilled Water from the airThis video shows the build of a Homemade DIY Atmospheric Water Generator!.ThisUnit pulls Pure 'distilled water' straight out of the air. This simple design pumps near freezing water thru a long section of copper coil. Coil becomes very cold and dew (condensate) forms on the coil. The dew is then caught by a drip-pan located beneath the coil.This unit has the added benefit of dehumidifying the air.I used only aluminum and copper in this version. main thing with these is to keep the coils clean. if coils are cleaned after each use, the water generated is 'distilled water.
- How to build an Efficient and Inexpensive Double Barrel Garage Heater from Scrap metal.Step by step Video InstructionsThis video series shows the step by step build of a my barrel stove project without the kit.I'm building this with crap metal I have laying around the shop to avoid spending any money at all on this kit.The 2nd barrel makes the stove more efficient. With a single barrel you loose a ton of heat out of the chimney not to mention the more heat that stays within the stove means the cleaner it will burn. In my opinion the 2nd barrel is an absolute must. But yes it is warmer because you do not loose nearly as much heat.
- DIY Video : How to build a Simple Homemade Heat Exchanger for heating your house .No Electricity required and Inexpensive…..This video shows the build of a redneck style off grid wood burning heat exchange we use to heat our house in the winter. It will keep your home warm without electricity, or using the furnace. The air comes in through the front, where there is a lot of spaces along the bottom of the barrel, then gets heated and rises through the duct in to the house.Here,the air from the house does not go into the exchanger, it only pushes warm air into the house.
- DIY Video:How to build an awesome Roof Top Portable ABS Pipe Hot Water Heater/Shower . Great for Camping/ OutdoorsThis video shows the build of a DIY solar powered, pressurized, roof top water heater and shower.This is done using an ABS 4 inch pipe, 6 feet long, which would give me a capacity of 15 Litres or 4 US gallons.This is an easy and inexpensive project that required minimal tools and just some basic plumbing parts.I started by installing the shutoff valve. I wanted the drain to be as low as possible in the pipe to avoid necessity of having to tilt the system. To ensure the valve retaining nut did not interfere with the pipe once it is glued into the, I positioned the nut away from the wall of the cap using a bolt, which is the same thickness as the wall of the pipe.I drilled out a 2” threaded cap and tapped in a radiator valve drain plug that I picked up at the local automotive parts store. This valve will allow me to release pressure from the tank should that be necessary without opening the drain shutoff. Also when open, this will allow a gravity fed system through the drain valve should for some reason I not have access to the air compressor.As a final step to improve thermal absorption of solar energy, I painted the surface with flat black paint. First I lightly buffed all the ABS surfaces with steel wool soaked Methol Hydrate. Then applied one coat of spray primer followed by two coats of flat black paint.